Hello Loves and happy Monday!
The winter is fortunately coming to an end and soon we’re gonna lose the heavy layers of clothing and switch to lighter and shorter pieces. In summertime, since the hot weather makes you wear more reviling clothing it’s obvious you want to look your best. Maybe you want to lose a little bit of that winter weight everyone puts on, since you need those extra calories to stay warm, and you treated yourself with more junk food and chocolate than usual? Or maybe it was to cold to go out for a jog or you simply preferred to stay in and watch Netflix than go to the gym?
Don’t worry! I’m here for you to motivate you and give you new perspective about working out and eating! Believe me, it’s all coming from a very lazy person who loves food and hates to work out.
For about last 6 years I was constantly struggling with eating right and keep doing some kind of exercise. I’m vegetarian since I’m 11 years old and during last 2 years I’ve tried about 5 different diets to see if I can lose weight. I’ve been twice on Lemonade detox and lost a lot of weight but very soon I’d come back to my previous weight.
I hate to work out so I was trying to do everything else than that. To the gym I was going at first with my boyfriend when we started to live together, but I hated it so much it felt like punishment. Then I stopped and went from binge eating to starving myself. I couldn’t keep my weight steady. I ate too healthy or too badly. There was never in between.
Nowadays I feel like I found my balance and that’s why I wanted to share with you my tips.
One month ago I weighted myself and I was (and still am though) the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life and that really scared me. I decided to join the gym and do whatever I felt like there. No strings attached. The only rule will be I won’t quit. I’ll decide each time I go what I want to do, which machine to use or which fitness class to attend and just do it. Since then passed over one month and I’m still going! I go every other day and I can’t express how happy I feel that I continued. I’m proud of myself for not giving up! I can see results (little but still!) in my body already!
The whole process to get healthy and fit I decided to do step by step, not like I used to do from day to day cut all carbs and go to the gym everyday with a planned work out routine. For today is just the gym. I didn’t change how I eat yet.
I want the exercise and healthy foods become my lifestyle not a detox or a short-term diet. That’s why I decided to go so slowly. Few days ago I cut alcohol (before I went a little crazy with wine). I’m not saying I’ll never drink wine again. I will, maybe in a month or next week and that perspective keeps me sane. I’ll just try to cut those bad foods from my diet one by one switching to delicious and healthy plant-based meals.
Today, even though I didn’t change completely my diet, I already feel so much better mentally and physically. I just feel like I’m finally on a way to balanced and healthy life!
Here’re are just some few of my tips to keep you motivated! It’s never too late for a healthy change!
- Focus on your health not your weight
- Search internet for inspiration (instagram is amazing)
- Find kind of exercise you love doing
- Start slowly, step by step. don’t worry it takes you longer to get to your dreamed body. it will be worth it and forever!
- Don’t go on a diet, it’s not worth it. focus on eating healthy and balances meals.
- Treat yo-self! it’s not a punishment! you have a party next week! go ahead, have a drink 😉 maybe just one less than usual
- Change it up if you don’t like routine
- If you don’t have any idea what to do you can ask gym instructor to help and guide you do best exercise for you
- Maybe try a fitness challenge?
- Go work out with a friend!
- Instead of buying a snack to treat yourself, buy something different like new nail polish or a lip balm
- Cook homemade food more often, you know what you add in restaurants you can never be sure
AND LONG STORY SHORT:
Hope you enjoyed this long post and hopefully it motivated you to start a more healthy lifestyle. Share with me how you stay motivated and your tips as well!
contact me: instagram|twitter|youtube|pinterest