Hello Loves and happy Monday!
Today I wanted to share with you something very special to me. My music. I’m a self-taught guitar player. I started to learn guitar at early years of my Academy, which would be around 4 years ago. Music gives me different opportunity, than painting, to express myself artistically. Songs usually come to me the moment I don’t even know about. They just fly out of me. This is the most satisfying and freeing feeling I ever had. I’ve been documenting my emotional growth and rewrite it in notes. Usually I write sad songs as I feel the need to tell sad stories. All of the songs are written and composed by me. I’ve published my first album few years back. It is called “subtitles”, which meant those 6 songs were like “subtitles to my life”, description of my emotions.
Now, after a long break, I’ve been coming up with my second album. It doesn’t have name yet. I’m still working on it. It will have 5 songs in total and this is one of them.
Golden Gate is about love from a first sight. Love from only one perspective. Blind and kind of toxic love that puts the other person on the pedestal, when you’re ready to do anything for that them, but he/she doesn’t feel the same. It was one of the mistakes I made while the most lonely and miserable time of my life.
What do you think? Share with me your opinions and thoughts! Do you play on any instruments and/or write music? Let me know!
contact me: instagram|twitter|youtube|pinterest
Hello Loves! Happy Monday!
For this week’s post I’ve decided to write a review of Silicone Makeup Sponge everybody is so crazy about at the moment.
First of all I really like the idea of a makeup applicator that is so cheap ($9.90) and poreless which means it super easy to clean and what’s most important it doesn’t soak up any of the product! I am a very big fan of the famous original BeautyBlender and honestly very consistent purchaser.
When I’ve heard about this “perfect” but so weird product that will help me achieve even better results that my beloved BeatyBlender I was skeptical but also very intrigued. As I saw that it was available in my country still only online I just kept using my BeautyBlender. Then one time I saw it in my drugstore and it was super cheap so I just decided to buy it and try it out myself. Check how it actually works and if it’s worth the hype.
Well, I tried to use it with my L’oréal True Match foundation and to be honest I hated it. I ended up finishing it with my fingers. Then I dotted concealer over my dark circles and any hyperpigmentations. I have to say it worked better with this more “heavy” formula. After that time I never picked it up again while doing my makeup. It took a lot of time to blend foundation with and I’m usually on the rush in the mornings. I just found it useless.
I’ve decided to make this post few days ago and before writing strictly negative review I wanted to give it one more try, just to be sure. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I’ve searched in google how to use silicone makeup sponge and to my surprise I found a lot of tips and reviews! I’ve read that one girl didn’t like it at first exactly as me. She edited her review saying that she gave it only one star at first before she read the instructions that came with her sponge. I started to dig deeper and look through multiply tutorials.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- you’re supposed to use that “flat” side to blend
- use just half amount of foundation as you would normally because it doesn’t soak up any product
- you should blend it into your skin with circular motions or up and down till it will not be blendable any more, then tap to your skin.
- to get to problematic places like around your nose and around eyes you can fold it creating a pick
Today, very well-educated about this product I gave it one more chance. Recently I changed my makeup routine a bit so I started with concealer first. A little goes a long way with this silicone sponge so I kept blending and blending and blending even more. I was going by all those tips I’ve learned and I have to be cruel but I still don’t like it at all. Aplication is horrible. It hurt my face. I kept making touch ups on my face with my fingers because my skin felt really cakey. I felt like it doesn’t want to blend foundation well enough into my skin leaving a lot of built up product in place you start blending. I was really frustrated and it took so much time to work foundation into my skin, to look decent, so personally I felt like it’s just not worth it. My skin also looked surprisingly dry and patchy in some places which never happened before while using BeautyBlender. Moreover BeautyBlender is so much faster and easier and you don’t even need to work half as hard to achieve that flawless effortless look. I don’t care it soaks up foundation and that you have to repurchase it quite often and it’s a bother to keep it clean all the time. Either way if I ever get fed up with it I’ll always have my fingers! Maybe I still need to practise working with this silicone sponge, but for now I’m not ready to give it a 3rd try to mess up my makeup!
Did you try it? You liked it or hated like me? Share in comments! I’m very curoius what you think!
contact me: instagram|twitter|youtube|pinterest
Oh my! Thank you so much Kali for nominating me for this award! I’m honoured! It feels very special to be nominated twice in such a short time (first nomination – read here: Sunshine Blogger Award)! Thank you!
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award awards are to write seven facts about myself and then nominate 15 others. I’ll try to pick up all the facts I haven’t mentioned in my “about” page to keep it more challenging for myself!
- I loooooove potato chips (any flavour, any kind). You could say I’m addicted but I try not to eat them often though! haha
- Recently I started ballet classes and I absolutely love it. I haven’t had danced when I was little but I always wanted to.
- Since I can remember I always wanted a dog. Each year on my birthday I had the same wish. A puppy. I had a rabbit and now I have a cat. I love(d) them so much but I still wish to have a pupper one day.
- I’m obsessed with Woody Allen’s movies.
- I’m very fortunate to travel a looot. I keep track of places I’ve been to on a map.
- My favourite place on Earth is New York City.
- My biggest dream (beside having a dog) was to move outside of Poland and live in USA.
Well, I hope you enjoyed to read those facts about me!
Let’s get to the lucky NOMINEES:
I wanted to have fun and don’t go exactly with the rules of this award by nominating people myself as I did in the last award’s post. I wanted to spread some love in different directions too. So everyone who will like this post or comment on it is nominated! Let’s spread love and leave the link to your post in the comments section! ❤
Thank you so much Hustle & Highlight for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! I feel very grateful and honored! Definitely check this beautie’s blog!
The idea behind this blogger award sounds so fun and interesting so let’s get right to it, should we?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
HUSTLE & HIGHLIGHT QUESTIONS:
- What is your Nationality? Polish
- What is your favorite physical characteristic? About me – my legs, about other people – I love me some men’s back.
- If you could stay at any age forever, what would it be? 21!
- Favorite song? It’s really hard to choose from, because I have a lot… but maybe by my fave Kina Grannis Down and Gone
- What is your favorite book or magazine? Books are Cather in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and Doctors by Erich Segal. I don’t realy read magazines.
- Did you do any sport(s) growing up? If so, what were they? Yes! I did swimming!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Aruba. My boyfriend was born there and it looks like a paradise!
- Favorite makeup item you couldn’t live without? I guess a good foundation. Currently searching for the perfect one! From what I tried I love Chanel Les Beiges the most.
- What is a skill you would like to learn? Speak Spanish fluently.
- Favorite dessert? That’s a hard one! I usually go for the salty things. But I’ll never say no to Haggen-Dazs ice cream
- If you have a favorite quote, what is it? “They told me that to make her fall in love, i had to make her laugh. But everytime she laughs, i’m the one who falls in love.” – Tommaso Ferraris
HUSTLE & HIGHLIGHT QUESTIONS:
- What country you live in right now?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where you wish you will be?
- Favorite TV show?
- Favorite actor/actress?
- One thing you could not live without?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite social media platform (beside wordpress)?
- Favorite artist (painter) if you have one?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is you favorite thing about yourself? Don’t be shy! 😉
Let’s spread the love! ❤